Some stuff I have done (with stories!) and some stuff I haven’t, but wanted to comment on.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with dolphins – I swam AS a dolphin, in a video game. Remember Ecco the Dolphin?! Anyone?!
03. Climbed a mountain – Yes, I’ve climbed Mount Baldy (such a stupid name) and Tunnel Mountain in Banff. Neither were too high, but they had gorgeous views. Tunnel mountain has the most deaths per year of any mountain in North America, I believe. It’s small enough that morons can climb it with a 6 pack of beer. Kids go up, get drunk, night comes and they try to get back down and usually fall off the opposite side of the mountain because the side you walk up is slanted, the other side just drops off into a forest.
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone – yes indeed. Baths with other people are usually really uncomfortable though because someone always has to sit by the faucet.
08. Said “I love you” and meant it – Of course! Steve!
09. Hugged a tree – I used to hug the tree in front of my old house when I was a kid in Calgary. It was pretty much the perfect tree. One day we saw a neighbor get mad at some branches hanging down and they ripped the branches right off the tree and set them down on our lawn. WTF!
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise – Yes, when I was younger, I think my mom was out of town? I think there were like 8 of us at my house. We went for bagels in the morning in our jammies.
14. Seen the Northern Lights – Many times. Beautiful.
15. Gone to a huge sports game – Flames games! WHAT WHAT.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables – We used to grow our own veggies at my house when I was a kid. We grew peas, potatoes, lettuce, radishes, carrots, and a titload of other veggies I can’t remember.
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper – My nieces! Stiiiiinky!
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity – With a nonprofit degree, OF COURSE!
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope – Does looking at my neighbors off my balcony in the dark with binoculars all over Yaletown count? I’m such a creep. But seriously, you leave your blinds open, I am gonna look at you!
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment – Oh yeah.
27. Had a food fight – I believe I got caught in the middle of a food fight in High School. It was really quiet for a moment, and then out of nowhere tables were flipped over and the veggies went flying. I almost got hit in the face with an egg!
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger – Yes, and failed!
30. Had a snowball fight – Naturally! I one threw a snowball way up and in front of me and it hit my best friend square on her head.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can – More than a few times. Apparently I have a good movie quality scream, so people get me to do it.
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse….of the heaaaaaart
34. Ridden a roller coaster – Quite a few. One in particular I rode was in San Fransisco and I swear it almost broke my spine! It was one of those under the track roller coasters and oh man…I was not ready for it. It was still fun though. I am a sucker for roller coasters.
35. Hit a home run – Baseball, Kickball, sexually…
36. Danced like a fool and didn’t care who was looking – I pretty much don’t care when anyone is looking whenever I dance.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment – Yes, in fact, several moments…who would say no to this?! A fish?!
39. Had two hard drives for your computer…this question confuses me. It’s like, “You haven’t LIVED until you’ve had two hard drives.” And my answer is yes.
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk – yup. It’s lame
42. Had amazing friends – Certainly.
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched whales – scary! But I’d still like to do it.
45. Stolen a sign – there was a sign in my neighborhood for a street that everyone used to steal. “Blow St.” Can yo tell why?
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing – We used to have a rock climbing wall in Jr. High. And I’ve climbed to the top of a wall in grade 7 or 8 I believe. It was outside in the winter!
49. Taken a midnight walk on the beach -Indeed, it’s beautiful
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan <— seriously, this is a top priority once I have the money.
55. Milked a cow – Awww yeah. One of my aunts took me to a farm…I think it was a relative of that uncle? God, I don’t even know whose farm I was on! Anyway, I stayed there a few days and milked a cow, and then I drank unpasteurized milk and that was totally sick. I remember getting my boots really muddy with cow poop. Or is it poopy?
56. Alphabetized your CDs – Steve did this for me. He is a patient man.
57. Pretended to be a superhero – Yes! I used to think if I didn’t look down that I wouldn’t fall, so I’d try to walk off the side of the couch all the time. It never worked.
58. Sung karaoke – No. I am terrified of singing in front of anyone.
59. Lounged around in bed all day – I tried to sleep as long as I could once, and I only made it to 3pm. That’s pretty fucking late though!
60. Played touch football – in gym. I remember playing rugby once and I was in a scrum with some dude that had hairy armpits. I was maybe 14? Totally gross for a 14 year old. And I even had a crush on this guy at one point! Armpit hair on a 14 year old is MESSED UP.
61. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
62. Kissed in the rain – this happens frequently with Steve in Vancouver!
63. Played in the mud – See: the cow milking question. I also played in this ENORMOUS puddle behind the co-op in Brentwood. I had overall shorts on and rain boots, and I kept wading into the middle because there was a shopping cart. I am pretty sure I looked pretty trashy. I went home and my feet swelled up from being cold and wet and I thought I was going to lose my feet. Imagine explaining that to anyone. “Yes, I lost my feet playing in a dirty lake-sized puddle trying to get to a shopping cart.”
64. Played in the rain – For sure. I had some great rainy day plays.
65. Gone to a drive-in theatre
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken – So far, so good!
69. Toured ancient sites – My grandparent’s basement. If you had seen it, you would know what I am talking about.
70. Taken a martial arts class – No, but I once challenged a kid who KNEW karate to a karate fight in elementary school. He kicked me in the head!
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight – No, but I once played Sonic the Hedgehog for over 6 hours. That was back when you couldn’t save the game, so you’d have to keep playing all the way through and your eyes would get all dry and then your mom would come home and be like, “what have you been doing all day?” and you’re still in your pajamas.
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch – Totally!
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo – got 4!
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on a television news program as an “expert”
83. Gotten flowers for no reason – This happens a lot from Steve
84. Performed on stage – I once won a fake orgasm contest at a sex show.
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music – I’ve composed songs, but only on Garage Band on my mac
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date – for sure
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold – Once while cleaning a piercing. It was my ear too, WTF?!
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over – Vancouver, hooray!
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge – Driven over it, never walked
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking – This is a staple when I am in the car by myself.
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart – I used to dump a lot of guys after a few dates.
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a TV game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on a photo safari – Only photo safaris in Vancouver
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild <–THIS IS SO DANGEROUS! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!
118. Ridden a horse – Yes. And I am not a fan of horses. They have crazy eyes. I had to for camp. It’s name was May. What a jackass horse that was. But I got it to gallop, and that was pretty cool SLASH terrifying
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for 30 hours in a 48 hour period
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. States
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi – Does this really count as an accomplishment??
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about – Yes.
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read – I’ve read a poopload of books, so I’m thinking yes?
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language – does motioning and swearing at a lady who has a dog that is irritating my dogs count?
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language – This is so, so lame. And no.
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you – I once sold two purses that I handmade. They were sort of globe-shaped and I hand sewed roses on them to use in a wedding
145. Had a booth at a street fair – Yes. Unfortunately for me I worked somewhere lame that no one was interested in!
146. Dyed your hair – Tooooons. Black, blonde, sort of orange, greenish, red, purple-ish, and now just nice brown.
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident – a fender bender that pretty much only damaged my car. A cop pressed my hood back into place and then told me to drive to a service station, so I started to drive, and my hood latch was unattached, so it flew backwards onto my car and smashed my windshield in on me. NO FUN. Hello Line of Credit to get a car!
150. Saved someone’s life