Princess Pointful tagged me for this delicious meme, woot!
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
A Blog of a Good Time
Classy & Fancy
[Cherry] Ride / 5of9er
… and hijinks ensued.
Select five people to tag:
Sorry, I actually did this last and I am too lazy to type out a lot of html, so I invite anyone who would like to, to do this meme!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Oh man, it was around this time when my best friend threw me a surprise birthday party with BOOOOOOYS! She did a very good job of hiding the party from me because I was completely blown away by all the people at the party. This is the party where I played spin the bottle and “seven minutes in heaven” for the first time. Actually, none of the dudes actually made out with any of the girls. Except this one guy, Brad. We made out and he was making all these noises which were close to the sounds of a pig grunting, which confused me at the time. Later on that year we dated for a week, but I dumped him after he told all his friends that he was thinking of dumping me because I didn’t “put out.” Excuse me, but I am fourteen, who puts out at fourteen?! I barely had boobs, let alone the overwhelming desire to take my pants off at the drop of a hat.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
That was my first summer living with Steve in our new apartment. It was pretty nice! I was working at Big Brothers and Big Sisters with a lot of really great people that were all close to my age. I spent a lot of time at special events, and a lot of driving around to pick up donated auction items. It was also close to one year ago that I got Winston! What a wicked summer!
Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Homemade nachos with salsa and sour cream
2) Cheese and bean burritos
3) plain potato chips
4) cherry tomatoes (this has come onto the list very recently and I have no idea how I have ever lived without them)
5) babybel cheese! OH. MAN.
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
1) Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf – My friend Steve R. taught me the words to this after explaining the awesomeness of this song to me during a stats class one morning. This class was particularly fantastic because we would always find a little theme song for that particular day of class. This meatloaf song was later downloaded on my laptop and listened to during an intense group work session in the library.
2) Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go) by Wham! – This song again was brought to you by a team effort of Steve R. and me during a stats class. As you can tell, we were fully focused on our work during that class. This was likely because the prof was a terrible teacher, but a really nice old man. We feel that Wham! is one of the essential bands of the 80s, but that it was really all about George Michael.
3) Informer by Snow – Remember Snow? No? That’s probably for the best. I spent one summer in college attempting to learn the lyrics to this song because no one else in the world would want to.
4) The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia by Reba McEntire – I’m giving props to this one on my mom for listening to country music ALL THE DAMN TIME when I was young. I can list several country music hits of the 80s and 90s that I know all the words to, including another Reba hit, “Why Haven’t I Heard From You?” This is handy knowledge when you see one of those infomercials for those CD compilations featuring ALL THE CLASSICS YOU LOVE, and by love, they mean love to sing to your boyfriend when he’s trying to read a book.
5) Purple Rain by Prince – My knowledge of this song was instilled upon me at a young age by my sister. I have also retained an extensive knowledge of many other Prince hits including Rasberry Beret, 1999, Let’s Go Crazy, The Most Beautiful Girl in the World, Black Sweat, and many more!
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Pay off my student line of credit and then pay off Steve’s student loan.
2) Buy a house
3) Buy a new car
4) Invest half of my money and live off the interest
5) Give my sister the money to pay off her house
Five bad habits:
1. biting my cuticles (bringing me pain since I was nine!)
2. napping, which is more like having a coma for two hours
3. pouring a drink and only drinking half before forgetting where it is
4. putting my purse ANYWHERE but by the door
5. talking to Steve when he’s reading
Five things you like doing:
1) Playing with the puppies! I especially like when I ask if they want to go out for walkies and Winston makes this extremely high-pitched squeal like he’s going to DIE if we don’t go out RIGHT THIS SECOND. I also like it when I’m playing with Zelda and she’s on her back because her little feet look like little feet in dress socks and it’s just about the cutest thing in the world.
2) Shopping. What can I say, I like buying new stuff! I also like going through Value Village and finding a total score.
3) Watching Steve eat a double decker taco from Taco Bell. You’d really need to see him do this to understand it, but he looks like he’s eaten a horse tranquilizer filled with rainbows after he’s taken the first bite.
4) Kicking ass at fighting games. Okay, Steve can beat me, but that’s the first guy to do so!
5) Watching any kind of nature documentary. I really need to own Animal Planet.
Five things you would never wear again:
1) Huge t-shirts with stirrup pants underneath
2) a ponytail on the side of my head
3) What I wore to junior prom
4) Platform running shoes
5) blonde hair and a perm. WTF was I thinking on that one?
Five favorite toys:
2) Zelda (yes, I am counting the dogs)
3) My MacBook
4) My camera
5) Nintendo Wii!